The MMOG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ping came out with its new G10 line of golf equipment

Go down

Ping came out with its new G10 line of golf equipment Empty Ping came out with its new G10 line of golf equipment

Post  huazai Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I decided to review their new line forPing G20 Driver myself so I could see what all the buzz was about.

The G10 Fairway Woods are an all stainless steel wood which is going back to what made the G lineup popular. The Rapture, a composite/titanium fairway wood did not live up to the hype in my opinion and was very expensive. The first thing you see when you set the G10 down is one, it keeps a fairly Ping G20 Ironsclassic head shape, a nice black finish with the same half moon alignment graphic on the crown of the head that the G5 Fairways sported. The heads are fairly shallow and a little longer to help launch the ball a little higher and sooner than previous models. So whats PING G20 Hybrid the difference? I'll tell you.

The G10 is basically a better version of the G5. It features a slightly higher MOI, promotes faster ball speed and a lot less spin than its big brother. This equates to not only longer and higher shots, but more forgiving ones as well. The shafts are a nice touch as well, Ping did a nice job making them a little heavier than in the past to keep a smoother tempo and more feel though the Ping G20 Fairway Wood swing, and unlike in the driver, they were able to keep the lengths of these clubs fairly standard!

When I hit some balls with last month, I will admit, I was impressed. I was able to square it up and the ball just jumped off the face! The ball launches high and really stays airborne for a longer period of time than that of the G5. Working the ball was very easy with these woods and I was able to move it right or left at will. Ping G15 Hybrid

huazai

Back to top Go down